Monday, July 5, 2010

Nasi lemak sambal bilis

Last sunday I went home in Jasin. Splurging into mountains of durians, mangosteens and rambutans. I was first entertained by Nenek, I peeled her orange, she picked durians for me. I chose the small ones as nenek could not eat any more than she had that day. I met the kids, so we went out for ice cream next. Where is Saleh? He hanged out with his friends at the nearby wedding. I came to his house alone, as usual the way I like it to be.

I thought I had enough of things to eat for the day. I went to Cik Jah's house with the ice cream and the kids. I ended up with a plastic full of mangosteens picked behind the house. I played around abit and chatted a mile until Saleh called to tell he is back at home. With the plastic full I went back to Saleh's house.

Soon-to-be mak was eating and Saleh was sleeping. I saw a nasi lemak bungkus soon-to-be mak made every morning to sell for 80 cents. I was overjoyed to get the chance to eat it. But because it was so late, the nasi lemak went bad. Nevertheless, she didn't fail to pack ayam masak merah to bring home...along with 7 durians...the second time they have given me for this season.

Today, I am sure soon-to-be mak remembered that I love her nasi lemak. She sent nasi lemak to me and asked Saleh to deliver it to my office. I am in bliss. Wahahaha
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...