Sunday, December 21, 2014

One poem/song I've gotten myself hooked

Hey everyone, Assalamualaikum.
I am getting myself hooked with this one poem from The Hunger Games. Usually I don't really bother them, yet this poem has gotten my attention real seriously. Honestly, it is mysterious in its being which made any reader to think and rethink of it. On the other hand it has this moral issue when it has to do with suicidal action (when interpreted by a very disturbed mind). You'll get what I mean when you hear it as a song when the poem was sung by Katniss Everdeen (I love the book and the movie!)
Furthermore, I feel the whole theme is really suitable with the scenes in The Hunger Games. The desperation of rebellion and revolution. Can't help singing it while washing the dishes today. It's eerie and sad at the same time. I mean who wouldn't feel the same especially when you read on the dead man calling for his love to flee. Yikes! If you want to know more of the interpretation you can just read up this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/quora/what-was-the-meaning-of-t_b_6264250.html

Most of the time I would not read the poems in the books. Like the ones in The Hobbit, when the dwarves sang it in Bilbo Baggins library (or was it sitting room?) I read it half way and could not continue. And this is another poem when made into a song, it went bombastically awesome. Listen to the song here http://youtu.be/BEm0AjTbsac

Or in The Lord of The Rings, there are so many and they are so dreadfully long (I wonder how Bilbo Baggins can stand being in the Singing Hall, Rivendell listening to the elves singing the night away). 

Or even in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl. No matter how I love the story and all of Roald Dahl's work, I have never finished any of his poems. The Oompa Loompas can sing really long songs (with it ridiculous vocabulary - which I found fantastic).
Nevertheless, I am haunted with this particular song from The Hunger Games...I don't even know its title.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...