Friday, February 24, 2012

Essay: If I am an Animal...

Recently, I read about an article about extinct animals. The article is more about the facts about the animals; their features, habitat and the waythey lived. It left me a great impression which fill my heart with great pity to our loss. I feel like I want to save these extinct animals by being one. If I am given a chance and a choice, I would want to be a Dodo bird.

I am a bird with three feet height, flightless, non-colourful grey, and a docile bird. I might be regarded as a big sized chicken. I think the humans would want to roast me during Thanksgiving just like they are doing to the turkeys. I bet this was what happened when my flock still roamed the earth. However, I am going to be different, I am not going to be stuffed and cooked like those ugly turkeys, I am going to be an exclusive bird.

Since I am extincted, my return would surprise the world. I would be captured by the scientists or maybe the WWF. Whomever comes first. Not that I am too stupid to be captured, but I would purposely let them catch me. I will make it into the news, making the animal-lovers overjoyed with tears. They will take my pictures and it would be known world-wide that a miracle has happened.

In less than a day, my face will make it into the cover magazine. The magazines would definitely be The National Geographic, Readers Digest and Natural World. I bet even Cleo, Vogue, Men's Health and Forbes would want to write me as their featured guest. It might not be exclusive but I am famous even among the richest in the world.

I will be interviewed by many TV stations. My schedule will be booked to the maximum. I am going to be spent, tired to the bones, but it is okay, I love the attention. They would even ask for my autograph, I hope some of the ladies would ask me for my autograph, and infact I hope these ladies would ask me to sign it on their shirt...or some parts of their body...my wishful thinking. There would even be an interview for my autobiography. I created the History and I would be crowned as the 'King of The Birds'.

I would be so elated and feel important to the mankind, animalkind more like. I would be fed with the fineness of the world and people would be so willingly offer me their exotic food; plump caterpillars, juicy fat berries and crunchy crackers. Oh! What a wonderful world it would be. I would be treated like a pop-star drinking only Evian mineral water, no more dirty murky puddle water, just untouched water from the tip of the mountain. This thought itself is making me dizzy.

However, I think being a lone ranger fighting challenges through life alone would make me feel fepressed. All the other Dodos are gone, no more Dodo lady to be my partner. They say having a partner cause longevity for life. But being the only Dodo, I would be spent off my soul by not having my significant someone. I would rather die, I cannot even have a decent comprehensible language with these folks. Only a Dodo understands a Dodo. Is not it good if humans value the life of animals. Maybe, dying might be the only way for people to start to listen to our voices.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...