Thursday, February 9, 2012

The time when we were scammed

RM30k+++

It was a horrible day of the horrible week. Not many people know of this. Even family and relatives. We have been keeping it to ourselves. Just me, hubby, hubby's direct family and my direct family. We do not want it to be out in the open mainly because we are ashamed of what happened. Anybody would. I am still feeling ashamed. Somehow I think, we have to tell the public. We are not so sure how it happens but it feels more like the work of black-magic than of rational mind.

Mr. Hubby promotes his business through YM, thus met this lady who claims to have a car problem in JB, where she was there on a business purpose. Being expert in cars he offers to help which ended up giving RM500 to the lady on the same night. The next day, the lady reported some other problem involving her bank account that caused her inability to pay back the money unless more rescue money is sent. She asked for RM1000. Then came the next problem which she faced, an invented problem which sounded surreal yet very convincing. The trouble with this was, every lies was very detailed. Mr. Hubby being desperate to get the first RM1500 agreed to the condition. He was like tranced to pay and bank in the money to the stated account. Very unlike him. Thus this carried on for a week which accumulated RM30k+. The highest she ever asked was RM17k. Surprisingly, all of the friends which he borrows money from agreed to lent it without much hassle and interrogation. Most probably because Mr. Hubby IS a very honest man. 

The bank account used was claimed to be the mechanic's who helps the lady fixing the car at the time. The account named Azman bin Abu. I can't find any record in the internet reporting about this man (currently). Neither was last time. However, this man has actually scammed so many people but differently from what we experienced. He scammed using wedding packages to many couples. Each couple was at least scammed RM10k++ (as reported in an article). From the last time I checked he was caught and accused of his crimes in court. However, I do not know of any current news now.

I was devastated. I was 38 weeks pregnant. I was strained and drained as my money was used as well. We had to do family meeting between mine and my husband's. It felt almost everything was over. After discussion, we came to a solution on how to pay the debt. Mom-in-law and uncle helped out, so we just need to pay monthly to them. I really thanked Allah to the aid that he gave. I also felt that this challenge is to waken us from the distraction of the world. However, I don't want this to happen to another. That is why I take the liberty to write this up. Hopefully you came across this when you are checking about this crook Azman bin Abu from Alor Gajah Melaka. I lost the Maybank account number, but I will try to retrieve it someway for your reference.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...